- An identd server has been added
Version 4.0 - 2016-11-09
- The separator between the IRC nickname and the IRC server is now '%'
instead of '!'. This makes things simpler (only one separator to
remember). The distinction between a JID referring to a channel and a JID
refering to a nickname is based on the first character (# or & by
default, but this can be customized by the server with the ISUPPORT
- Handle channel invitations in both directions.
- Add support for `JID escaping <.http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0106.html>`.
- Save all channel messages into the database, with an ad-hoc option to
disable this feature.
- When joining a room, biboumi sends an history of the most recents messages
found in the database.
- Channel history can be retrieved using Message Archive Management.
- Result Set Management can be used to request only parts of the IRC channel
Version 3.0 - 2016-08-03
- Support multiple-nick sessions: a user can join an IRC channel behind
one single nick, using multiple different clients, at the same time (as
long as each client is using the same bare JID).
- Database support for persistant per-user per-server configuration. Add
`LiteSQL <https://dev.louiz.org/projects/litesql>` as an optional
- Add ad-hoc commands that lets each user configure various things
- Support an after-connect command that will be sent to the server
just after the user gets connected to it.
- Support the sending of a PASS command.
- Lets the users configure their username and realname, if the
realname_customization is set to true.
- The remote TLS certificates are checked against the system’s trusted
CAs, unless the user used the configuration option that ignores these
- Lets the user set a sha-1 hash to identify a server certificate that
should always be trusted.
- Add an outgoing_bind option.
- Add an ad-hoc command to forcefully disconnect a user from one or
- Let the user configure the incoming encoding of an IRC server (the
default behaviour remains unchanged: check if it’s valid utf-8 and if
not, decode as latin-1).
- Support `multi-prefix <http://ircv3.net/specs/extensions/multi-prefix-3.1.html>`.
- And of course, many bufixes.
- Run unit tests and a test suite, build the RPM and check many things
automatically using gitlab-ci.
Version 2.0 - 2015-05-29
- List channels on an IRC server through an XMPP disco items request
- Let the user send any arbitrary raw IRC command by sending a
message to the IRC server’s JID.
- By default, look for the configuration file as per the XDG
- Support PING requests in all directions.
- Improve the way we forward received NOTICEs by remembering to
which users we previously sent a private message. This improves the
user experience when talking to NickServ.
- Support joining key-protected channels
- Setting a participant's role/affiliation now results in a change of IRC
mode, instead of being ignored. Setting Toto's affiliation to admin is
now equivalent to “/mode +o Toto”
- Fix the reconnection to the XMPP server to try every 2 seconds
instead of immediately. This avoid hogging resources for nothing
- Asynchronously resolve domain names by optionally using the DNS
- Add a reload add-hoc command, to reload biboumi's configuration
- Add a fixed_irc_server option. With this option enabled,
biboumi can only connect to the one single IRC server configured
Version 1.1 - 2014-07-16
- Fix a segmentation fault when connecting to an IRC server using IPv6
Version 1.0 - 2014-07-12
- First stable release.
- Mostly complete MUC to IRC, and IRC to MUC support
- Complete handling of private messages
- Full IRC modes support: setting any IRC mode, and receiving notifications
for every mode change
- Verbose connection status notifications
- Conversion from IRC formatting to XHTML-im
- Ad-hoc commands support
- Basic TLS support: auto-accepts all certificates, no cipher
configuration, no way to force usage of TLS (it is used only if
available, clear connection is automatically used as a fallback)
- IPv6 support