- An identd server has been added.
- Add a **persistent** option for channels. When a channel is configured
as persistent, when the user leaves the room, biboumi stays idle and keeps
saving the received messages in the archive, instead of leaving the channel
entirely. When the user re-joins the room later, biboumi sends the message
history to her/him. This feature can be used to make biboumi behave like
an IRC bouncer.
- Use the udns library instead of c-ares, for asynchronous DNS resolution.
It’s still fully optional.
- Update MAM implementation to version 6.0 (namespace mam:2)
- If the client doesn’t specify any limit, MAM results contain at most 100
messages, instead of the whole archive.
- Multiline topics are now properly handled
- Configuration options can be overridden by values found in the process env.
- Botan’s TLS policies can be customized by the administrator, for each
IRC server, with simple text files.
Version 4.3 - 2017-05-02
- Fix a segmentation fault that occured when trying to connect to an IRC
server without any port configured.
Version 4.2 - 2017-04-26
- Fix a build issue when LiteSQL is absent from the system
Version 4.1 - 2017-03-21
- Works with botan 2.x, as well as botan 1.11.x
Version 4.0 - 2016-11-09
- The separator between the IRC nickname and the IRC server is now '%'
instead of '!'. This makes things simpler (only one separator to
remember). The distinction between a JID referring to a channel and a JID
refering to a nickname is based on the first character (# or & by
default, but this can be customized by the server with the ISUPPORT
- Handle channel invitations in both directions.
- Add support for `JID escaping <.http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0106.html>`.
- Save all channel messages into the database, with an ad-hoc option to
disable this feature.
- When joining a room, biboumi sends an history of the most recents messages
found in the database.
- Channel history can be retrieved using Message Archive Management.
- Result Set Management can be used to request only parts of the IRC channel
Version 3.0 - 2016-08-03
- Support multiple-nick sessions: a user can join an IRC channel behind
one single nick, using multiple different clients, at the same time (as
long as each client is using the same bare JID).
- Database support for persistant per-user per-server configuration. Add
`LiteSQL <https://dev.louiz.org/projects/litesql>` as an optional
- Add ad-hoc commands that lets each user configure various things
- Support an after-connect command that will be sent to the server
just after the user gets connected to it.
- Support the sending of a PASS command.
- Lets the users configure their username and realname, if the
realname_customization is set to true.
- The remote TLS certificates are checked against the system’s trusted
CAs, unless the user used the configuration option that ignores these
- Lets the user set a sha-1 hash to identify a server certificate that
should always be trusted.
- Add an outgoing_bind option.
- Add an ad-hoc command to forcefully disconnect a user from one or
- Let the user configure the incoming encoding of an IRC server (the
default behaviour remains unchanged: check if it’s valid utf-8 and if
not, decode as latin-1).
- Support `multi-prefix <http://ircv3.net/specs/extensions/multi-prefix-3.1.html>`.
- And of course, many bufixes.
- Run unit tests and a test suite, build the RPM and check many things
automatically using gitlab-ci.
Version 2.0 - 2015-05-29
- List channels on an IRC server through an XMPP disco items request
- Let the user send any arbitrary raw IRC command by sending a
message to the IRC server’s JID.
- By default, look for the configuration file as per the XDG
- Support PING requests in all directions.
- Improve the way we forward received NOTICEs by remembering to
which users we previously sent a private message. This improves the
user experience when talking to NickServ.
- Support joining key-protected channels
- Setting a participant's role/affiliation now results in a change of IRC
mode, instead of being ignored. Setting Toto's affiliation to admin is
now equivalent to “/mode +o Toto”
- Fix the reconnection to the XMPP server to try every 2 seconds
instead of immediately. This avoid hogging resources for nothing
- Asynchronously resolve domain names by optionally using the DNS
- Add a reload add-hoc command, to reload biboumi's configuration
- Add a fixed_irc_server option. With this option enabled,
biboumi can only connect to the one single IRC server configured
Version 1.1 - 2014-07-16
- Fix a segmentation fault when connecting to an IRC server using IPv6
Version 1.0 - 2014-07-12
- First stable release.
- Mostly complete MUC to IRC, and IRC to MUC support
- Complete handling of private messages
- Full IRC modes support: setting any IRC mode, and receiving notifications
for every mode change
- Verbose connection status notifications
- Conversion from IRC formatting to XHTML-im
- Ad-hoc commands support
- Basic TLS support: auto-accepts all certificates, no cipher
configuration, no way to force usage of TLS (it is used only if
available, clear connection is automatically used as a fallback)
- IPv6 support