Diffstat (limited to 'src/network/socket_handler.hpp')
1 files changed, 17 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/src/network/socket_handler.hpp b/src/network/socket_handler.hpp
index 8828596..35b0fdc 100644
@@ -41,7 +41,7 @@ public:
* Reads data in our in_buf and the call parse_in_buf, for the implementor
* to handle the data received so far.
- void on_recv(const size_t nb = 4096);
+ void on_recv();
* Write as much data from out_buf as possible, in the socket.
@@ -73,14 +73,28 @@ public:
virtual void on_connection_close() = 0;
- * Handle/consume (some of) the data received so far. If some data is used, the in_buf
+ * Handle/consume (some of) the data received so far. The data to handle
+ * may be in the in_buf buffer, or somewhere else, depending on what
+ * get_receive_buffer() returned. If some data is used from in_buf, it
* should be truncated, only the unused data should be left untouched.
+ * The size argument is the size of the last chunk of data that was added to the buffer.
- virtual void parse_in_buffer() = 0;
+ virtual void parse_in_buffer(const size_t size) = 0;
bool is_connected() const;
bool is_connecting() const;
+ * Provide a buffer in which data can be directly received. This can be
+ * used to avoid copying data into in_buf before using it. If no buffer
+ * can provided, nullptr is returned (the default implementation does
+ * that).
+ virtual void* get_receive_buffer(const size_t size) const;
+ * The handled socket.
* Where data read from the socket is added until we can extract a full